BIGGEST LIES ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS
Weight loss is one of the most common goals today. Certainly, weight loss industry is bombarded with innumerable ways to lose weight under different criteria such as quick weight loss, body targeted fat loss such as belly fat etc. It also finds a trap to capture people under unbelievable weight loss foods which is mind boggling to a healthcare professional. Such webs are vicious to be entrapped in. False information may lead to weight loss, but may also damage body’s other parameters such as blood profile, lean body mass, bone mass etc.; which lethal in the long run. Let’s dive into some of the biggest lies you actually believed were true.
- YOU NEED TO RESTRICT CARBS TO LOSE WEIGHT: Weight loss can only be achieved if you go into calorie deficit diet, i.e., you spend more energy than what to intake. Although a well-balanced nutritional intake is equally important when you are trying to cut down on a few pounds, intake of carbohydrates that are whole and not processed is recommended. Its all about choosing wisely. Always consult a qualified professional before putting yourself into unscientific processes. They may yield immediate results, but may show harm in the long run. If you wish to do it now, click here:
- FOODS LABELLED ‘LOW FAT’ OR ‘REDUCED FAT’ ARE ALWAYS A HEALTHY CHOICE: Be cautious. Foods marketed as “low fat” have to contain no more than a specific amount of fat to legally use that label. If food pack shows itself labelled as ‘low fat’ or ‘reduced fat’ it should contain less fat than the full-fat version or what has been legally approved, but that doesn’t automatically make it a healthy choice. Always check the label at the back to see how much fat it contains. Some low-fat foods may also contain high levels of sugar.
- DRINKING WATER HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT: Water does not cause you to lose weight. Water keeps you hydrated with no extra calories. Your biochemical pathways are run by the foundation laid by water. Hence good hydration is recommended not only for losing weight but always in general. Weight loss is based solely on the principle of ‘calorie-deficit.’
- STARVATION LEADS TO WEIGHT LOSS: The most common and probably the biggest lie about weight loss is starving yourself. But the truth is prolonged starvation may actually lead to weight gain. Also, its harmful for the everyday functioning of the entire body. Starving is never an option but choosing healthy and wisely, always is. Crash diets make you miss out in essential nutrients and can never be followed in long term. These diets usually make you crave for your favorite foods, that leads to excessive consumption, trapping you into guilt trap. And, this vicious cycle continues.
- FATS MAKE YOU FAT: You will be surprised to know that unsaturated fats actually help you cut down your bad cholesterol levels, hence directly improving your heart health.
- BRUTAL EXERCISE REGIME IS MUST FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Physical activity is helps you spend more energy. As the weight loss mantra is to go into ‘calorie deficit’, a good physical regime (150 minutes a week approximately) is recommended. You can always consult an expert if you want to try different forms. Generally, brisk walking, jogging, running, swimming, cycling are always good options to choose from.
- HEALTHIER FOODS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE: Talking about healthy food options, you will actually realize that the cost actually goes down. Expensive foods sold as superfoods are mere marketing gimmick. Always go for seasonal and local food options. You will be surprised to experience their benefits both, physically as well as economically.
Weight loss should always be sustainable, no matter if its 2kg or 20 kg. Always consult a qualified professional to make your weight loss journey a fun one and not a fuss one.